If a person is dealing with a stalker or intimate partner abuse/domestic violence situation, it is important to take precautions when accessing support. In some circumstances, stalkers and/or abusers may access phone or computer records. When possible, victims may want to use public computers or phones to seek out information. It is also good to safeguard your information by frequently changing passwords to random, unpredictable ones. It may also be helpful to think about steps that can be taken to keep information away from a stalker or intimate partner (e.g. keeping things with a friend or getting mail at a different address).
The nature of the resources listed below is for immediate or primary support or advocacy, as well as ongoing services.
Confidential* Services on Campus:
- VOICE Advocate in Health Initiatives (for Victim-Survivors):
(404) 385-4464 (Jennifer Gagen) OR (404) 385-4451 (Amanda Planchard)
- Counseling Center: 404-894-2575
- Women's Clinic: 404-894-1434
- Stamps Health Services: 404-894-1420
- Director of Health Behavior
- Women's Resource Center: 404-385-0230
- LGBTQIA Resource Center: (404) 385-2679
* Please confirm the scope of confidentiality with the given resource.
Additional Campus Resources:
- Office of the Dean of Students: 404-894-2564
- Georgia Tech Police: 404-894-2500
- Employee Assistance Program: (678) 616-8324
- Executive Director of Compliance Programs: 404-385-5151 or email@example.com
- Title IX Coordinator: 404-385-5583 | firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics: 404-894-8792 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Staff: 404-385-3982 | Karen.Agbebiyi@ohr.gatech.edu
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Faculty: 404-385-5694 | email@example.com
Off-Campus Rape Crisis/Domestic Violence Resources:
- DeKalb Rape Crisis Center: 404-377-1428
- GNESA: 404-815-5261
- Grady Rape Crisis Center: 404-616-4861
- Partnership Against Domestic Violence: 404-873-1766
- Raksha: 1-866-725-7423
- RAINN: 1-800-656-HOPE
- Stalking Hotline (Safe Horizon): 1-866-689-HELP
- Tapestri: 404-299-2185
- United for Safety: 404-688-2524
The most up-to-date campus and community resource information is available at healthpromotion.gatech.edu/voice or by contacting a confidential VOICE Advocate in the Office of Health Initiatives.