The Title IX Coordinator handles complaints against Georgia Tech students and student groups. Contact the Title IX Coordinator to arrange a meeting to discuss the complaint, The Office of the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Compliance Programs, 760 Spring Street, NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, (404) 385-5151, http://titleix.gatech.edu.
- You are encouraged to write up a description of the incident. Remember, the more details you can provide the better.
- Georgia Tech may investigate and adjudicate complaints which occur on-campus and off-campus. In addition, Georgia Tech may handle complaints that occur at Institute activities or events, such as study-abroad and Institute-sponsored trips.
- Remember that sexual violence is a crime. Consider reporting to Georgia Tech Police if the assault occurred on-campus, or to the local police department or agency if the assault occurred off-campus. You may also discuss those options with the Title IX Coordinator. However, there need not be a police report or complaint in order for Georgia Tech to proceed with its process.
- Once you file a complaint, the Title IX Coordinator is responsible for notifying the student or group of the charge, conducting a timely investigation, and determining if there is a potential violation of the Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- When you make a complaint, you will be asked to write down what you saw, heard, or experienced. Witnesses may be requested to meet with an investigator to provide witness statements. Remember that the person named has a right to see what you write.
- Complainants may bring a support person with them to meetings with the Title IX Coordinator.
Complaints against Georgia Tech faculty or staff members are addressed by the Georgia Tech Office of Human Resources, 500 Tech Parkway, Atlanta, Georgia, (404) 894-0300. You may also use the EthicsPoint hotline to file a complaint. Call 1-800-384-4277 or go online at http://www.ethicspoint.com
Title IX Complaints
If you have concerns about any of the processes listed above or do not know where to go or with whom to speak, you may contact the Title IX Coordinator or file a report at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 385-5151.